Thursday, February 7, 2008

Does it matter?



So here is my thinking. Does what you do matter or make sence? Now I want you to think about that question and go back and rewatch the teller speaks video. I will wait._______________________________________________

Ok now your back so what do you think? Does what we do really matter or even have to make sence? I think yes it has to. I once heared Michael Ammar say that when you go to pocket do not go for magic dust but for a marker or a coin or something. There should be know were in the effect that people can back track to a point and say he did this when he did that. I can not stand to see magicians use the old thing about magic dust. That to me is a way to make our spectators feel cheap and used. I never want them to feel that way. If you do this then the only thing is to say is shame on you. When I perform my close up magic my goal is to have a relationship with my spectators. You cannot do that by making them feel used and cheap.

So I gusse what I am saying is do not make a bottle of wine appear just because you can. Make sure everything in your act fits and also think about your ending. Where do you want you spectators mind to be at the end. Then work your act on how to get there with out using magic dust.

Now rewatch the video one more time and then get to work.
Enjoy magic andEnjoy life.

No comments: