Tuesday, November 20, 2007

From our friends at Wikipedia this is what they say is .
"Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of impossible[1] or supernatural[2] feats, using purely natural means. These feats are called magic tricks, effects or illusions."
Welcome friends to this first week of let's make real magic. For the last few weeks now I have been watching NBC's Phenomenon and really been very disappointed in most of it. To me it seems that magic has become more of a let's freak people out instead of "Let's Entertain people".I have been talking to some magic friends of mine and they think the same. To me real magic is not to freak people out but what Wikipedia says in the very first line "Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience ".
I think that to many new kids in magic are just in it to freak people out. All because Criss Angel and Blaine do it they have to. To me Blaine,Angel are not magic it is cheap tricks. Come on people look back to the history of magic Blackstone SR/JR, Thurston, Dai Vernon they did real magic. So my question is were did it go? I think it got forgotten about. Because that was not cool but now it is. I am sorry but last time I looked magic was not supposed to be cool but MAGICAL.
Well this is just the first thought about this. Do not get me wrong I am not mad or anything I really want magic to go back to how it used to be all about entertainment and not to freak people out. Well let me know what you think. Like always remember to enjoy live and magic.

No comments: